Thursday, November 20, 2008

RSG: Trial Prep

Trial of Chairman Mao: Witness Question Sheet
Directions: You as a witness are to write four questions and answers in the perspective of your character using the book as a reference. You should find passages from the novel in support of Chairman Mao OR evidence against him depending the side of the case you are representing. Remember to USE page numbers and POST these questions on your blog. Lawyers, use this document to create cross-examination questions. Two per character should be sufficient.

Character: Ji Li's Mom Student Name: Vib

1. Question:
How have you suffered?
Answer: (include page #)
We had to leave Song Po-Po on page 87. Also then my daughter had to do the cooking as seen on page 90 and 91. Also da zi baos were written about Ji Li, it said she had a relationship which was not true. This was noticed on page 49. In addition our family was forced to destroy our ancesters things I made a mop from ties on page 96. My daughter also wanted to change her name. While my husband was away I got a Meniere disease attack. I got a yellow waxy looking face and if I opened my eyes I would get all dizzy. But still all I did was worry about Ji Li's dad. This took place on page 180.

2. Question:How did you feel when you had to destroy your ancesters things?
Answer: (include page #)
It was sad. All of those things were meaningful. They were important to me and my mom. They were beautiful clothings and the fact that we had to destroy our history I felt empty. this took place on page 96-99.

3. Question: Why did you not tell Ji Li her grandfather was a landlord?

Answer: (include page #)
Because her life was so happy everything was perfect and nothing was going wrong. Our class status was middle the revolution then changed it all. As Ji Li said her life was perfect for her. She really liked her life and if I told her it would crumble she would not enjoy life.She said she was happy on pages 1 and 2. Song Po-Po would pick them up and everything was just so happy telling her would not keep that. since we did not tell her we had to brake one of her dreams, becoming a liberation army dancer. Even then we did not tell her.

No comments: